Sunday 18 March 2018

how to paint Iceberg | glacier lake Iceland | oil painting tutorial




ABOUT PICTURE

Hi, I am Dilip sarkar, today I am here with a drawing of iceberg. Our environment is now in danger because of many causes. The main cause is our environment is being heated too much because of many reasons. For that reason ices from mountains are melting and coming down to ocean. But those icebergs look so beautiful sometime. So here I wanted to capture that beauty on my painting. And I have given some simple steps for you. I hope you all enjoy this.

Colours: Prussian blue, turquoise blue (acrylic), Cobalt blue, Cadmium Red and White.

Canvas: ‘24’x’18’.




HOW TO DRAW STEP BY STEP (OIL PAINTING)




STEP 1: For this painting the first step is very important because this color on the background is the main supporting color for this painting. It will be easy to draw in this background. The color I used is acrylic turquoise blue in the background. Only the background is acrylic color but the whole painting is with oil paint.




STEP 2: First I have drawn sketch of two icebergs then I have put color in the sky. For the sky I have used blue white as first cote and then added little bit of red to get the effect of dawn. Then I blurred it with a soft brush to get the softy effect in the sky.




STEP 3: Now it is very interesting that you will see after this step that your painting has already got a structure. Now to get the lake I have used Prussian blue outside the icebergs. (See picture for better color placement)




STEP 4: Now at your left side in the ice berg which is in the distance from the front iceberg I have used cobalt blue and white for shading some shadows in the iceberg. To have those ups and downs I have used more blue mixing white for deep shadows.




STEP 5: For the front iceberg I have used the same color, cobalt blue mixing with little white. But here you have to do it with more detailed way because it is in the front.




STEP 6: Now adding more blue and white mix-up in some places in the iceberg for more shadows I have started adding reflection in the lake. For the reflection I have used only white because the blue has been given already.




STEP 7: Now in the lake I have added some very little waves with white using spatula. You can use a thin brush but using spatula leads to perfection.

Now add more details as needed.




THANKS FOR WATCHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...