Friday 9 March 2018

How to Paint Water | An Iceberg | Paint With Dilip Art





ABOUT PICTURE

Hi, I am Dilip Sarkar, here I am with a new video of floating iceberg on the ocean. This painting is a massage to people that now days ice are melting very fast and ices are decreasing in amount for that. So purposing this I have made this article. I have given some simple steps here and I hope you all love this and enjoy.

COLORS: BLUE, WHITE and TURQUOISE BLUE

CANVAS: ‘18x24’

HOW TO DRAW STEP BY STEP (OIL AND ACRYLIC PAINTING)

STEP 1: First I want to tell you that I have colored the canvas with blue and white acrylic color mixing because this painting, in its background and the four back ground, has the same color base which is light blue for the sky base and the ocean base.

STEP 2: In step 2 I have selected the light coming from the right side and shadow part in the left side. So to make the darker color in the left side I have used Prussian blue and for the right side I have mixed more white along with very little blue with that for light.

STEP 3: Now I have drawn a sketch of ice berg with white. You can see in the picture for the better shape. If you are advance then you can draw other shape.

STEP 4: we can see light falling in the ice berg makes a very beautiful effect itself and it takes lots of color combination in it. In the top we can see lighter next to that blue as shadow then again white for light. So for that I have put white-blue mix-up in the top and blurred the lower part with blue. Here the shading is very important and especially the technique of using brush should be taken care off. And in the left side which is the opposite side of light basically I have made shadow with Prussian blue. (See video for better knowing of the technique)

STEP 5: Then for the front iceberg I have used acrylic turquoise blue color. I have used this color as base of the berg so that I can use blue and white color later for the light and shadow effect.

STEP 6: Then after 15-20 min when the acrylic color of the front berg has dried I have then added blue in some places as shadow and then added white blue mix-up(less blue) in the top as light. Here blurring is very important. Blurring should be soft, not too much that the color goes away or not too light that nothing has blurred, It should be medium having a soft effect in it.

STEP 7: Then I added Prussian blue in the ocean part and blurred it. Then added little more Prussian blue in different places and then made floating ice with white. So basically the Prussian blue is indicating the shadow here because ice when floating has a shadow on water for the falling light.

STEP 8: Now as we know floating ice has a reflection on water. So for making it realistic when I have drawn the ices with white I have attached white and blue just below the ices dragging the brush vertically from the ices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...