Monday 21 November 2016

Landscape oil painting | a Large Waterfall | Acrylic




How to Paint a Large waterfall step by step | Paint with Dilip Art
ABOUT PICTURE

I travel in variety of places and try to put those views in pages by painting. So i traveled in a place and I saw waterfalls and tried to draw it. I tried if I can make it more real for that I animated that.

So it is basically a painting of large waterfalls but the painting has a very beautiful fact which you noticed in the last part. The painting actually ends in step 5 but you can see the girl drawing when the water is falling. This is animated and the girl is drawn in another page and computerized in way it seems it is in a same page. So it is my trying to make this kind animation in the painting world. I don’t think anyone had done this before. So if you like it like share and comment.



TOOLS: I used different types of brushes here such as flat brush No. 2, 4, 8, and 12 and round brush No. 0, fan brush and a flat 2 inch brush. The colors I used here are acrylic colors: Prussian blue, cobalt blue and permanent red, burnt sienna and Oil colors-Prussian blue, flake white, cadmium red, burnt sienna and a spatula knife.

Canvas – 21ʺ x 14ʺ

HOW TO DRAW OIL PAINTING STEP BY STEP

STEP 1: As we want to draw waterfalls it generally is found on the rocks. So what we normally see actually that is not the real color there is many other different colors. So for that we first will draw a base of all the drawing which will support the painting. So the acrylic colors I put for base are light blue on the top, burnt sienna in the middle, and the deep blue in the lower part of the frame.

STEP 2: Now we will start drawing with oil colors. On the upper blue part which is basically the sky part I used a color mixing blue and white in a blur way which will make the cloud also. And to show the shadows in the rocks I used Prussian blue and burnt sienna. And also I used little black in the sides to make the rocks in the front.

STEP 3: Now I used Prussian blue in many places to make the inner shadows in the water falls for the vapors generated by the water falls. It is very important to make the shape like waterfalls. So for that I used the brush vertically.

STEP 4: In the lower part of the water falls I just only used flake white and used the soft brush in a round way to make the water vapor and foggy part around the water falls.

STEP 4: Now the places where the water is falling I used flake white with a fan brush vertically. Use the brush very carefully.

STEP 5: Now this is basically the detailing part. Here I detailed the rock areas with flake white and red and also detailed the land area.

STEP 6: Obviously if there is very beautiful scene like this there should be a viewer of it. So I drew a girl who is the viewer here. You can draw any figure may be as boy or a girl or a family as you want.


THANKS FOR VISITING MY SITE

Artist Dilip Sarkar 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...