Friday 3 November 2017

How to draw | Deep Forest At Sunset | soft pastel






ABOUT PICTURE

I VERY MUCH LIKES TO DRAW PAINTINGS WITH SOFT PASTEL. In this picture I wanted to show some special deep forest where sunshine has fallen. People used to draw these kinds of painting in oil painting but I prefer soft pastel as well as oil painting. Because soft pastel too gives us a very beautiful painting if you know the right technique. So here is my article about how to draw deep forest at sunset with soft pastel. I hope you all enjoy it.



STEP 1: It’s always very important to know before drawing anything what should be the base of the drawing. And interestingly when I draw any nature painting I always use such a basic color which automatically supports all the painting. As I want to draw a deep forest obviously the basic colors should be dark. So here I have left some space in the middle off the page from where I will show the light is coming. So leaving that space I have put yellow and yellow ochre around that blank space, then burnt sienna, red, orange and green. But I didn’t use too much color because it’s just a basic color.

Note: Below the road put some yellow as the road where the light is falling

STEP 2: Then around the light source keeping some lemon yellow I have put some yellow ochre. What I want to do now increasing the deepness of the color gradually from out light source. And in other areas some I put some more brown.

STEP 3: Now in the step 3 I then drew some thin stems with the green soft pastel pencil to show some stems in far away. You can use any soft pastel. I have use the pastel pencil because with this it’s easy to draw those very thin stems.

STEP 4: Then after then just next to our light source I have drawn some thin trees with green color. It basically shos some trees in the far. Because when we draw a painting like this the beauty of the p[painting is the way we draw the trees getting far to close.

STEP 5: Next to that I have used blue. As I have already put the brown so when I put blue on that it automatically turns into black which gives the dark effect. But you have to use the pastel vertically to show that there is many trees.

STEP 6: Next to that I have put browner to make it darker. I am going light to dark here. Because then when I would put the light effect it would look like some trees in the deep forest shines by the falling light. Don’t forget to blur after putting the color.



STEP 7: Now it’s the most interesting part though you can say it’s a detailing part. Here at first I have made some more twigs in the light source with yellow which shows the twigs in the very far. And I then put some light on trees with yellow and white. And in other part in some places I have given light effect like in the road and the twigs etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...