Saturday 9 September 2017

How to draw a glass and orange juice with oil pastels | Dilip Realisti...




ABOUT PICTURE

Today I have made an oil pastel drawing which is very easy. The purpose of drawing this is I see many students drawing with oil pastel but they never wants to stay with this colour very long and before learning the full of this colours they wants to try water colour or some other colours. So I wanted to change that thinking and wanted to show that students can draw realistic drawings with oil pastel. It gets a very beautiful texture on the page and also it has many benefits and advantages that the colours stay on the page for long. It has a oily effect on the drawing after painting.

COLORS: Oil Pastels- Orange, Primary Red, Prussian blue, Medium Yellow, Deep Yellow, Grey and White.

Used paper- Black art paper

STEP 1: At first I sketched the drawing of one whole orange and two pieced apple and a glass of water with normal sketch pencil. I have used black art paper because it has much white and light effect. You can see the above picture given.

STEP 2: Then I used orange and yellow colour for the whole orange. And then I used medium yellow for the orange peel. Remember that I put orange colour mostly in the right side because I selected the left side as the light side.

STEP 3: For the inner part of the orange I used medium yellow and for the outline I used white and in the centre as we see a white dot I also drew that.

STEP 4: Now it’s a very important one because most of student fears of drawing a glass. So as it was sketched already, on that i again overdrew it with white. And don’t forget to draw the juice layer and the lower area where many lights are reflected. And in somewhere I used the white pastel lightly and rub it with finger to make the glass effect as I did in the drawing.

STEP 5: I put medium yellow for the juice and on that I used orange colour in the right side because the light is coming from the left side.

STEP 6: So it is last step. Here the drawing will change into beauty. At first I lithe in the glass and many other areas with white as needed. Then I drew the glass reflections on the table with blue and white. And then I added red in many places for the spreading reflection of the orange through the glass.

If you have drawn it in a proper way then you have a drawing like this

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...