Tuesday 12 December 2017

Gurudongmar Lake Oil Painting | Paint with Dilip Art






ABOUT PICTURE

Hi, I am Dilip Sarkar, as you all know I love to travel. So I have travelled to Gangtok recently. From Gangtok I went to Gurudongmar Lake.Gurudongmar Lake is one of the highest lakes in the world located in India. It is 17,800 ft.high in the Indian state of Sikkim. I wondered after seeing that place so I thought I would draw it on the spot but I could not because People can’t stay there for long because all time it’s very cold with heavy storm. And sometime small pieces of stones come with the wind. So it could break my canvas and ruined my paintings. So I have drawn it in my gallery. I have given some simple steps how to draw so I hope you all love this.

HOW TO DRAW STEP BY STEP (OIL PAINTING)

STEP 1: In this first step I have made the sky keeping a shape of mountain because I will draw mountains there. The color I have used is turquoise blue and flake white. Then I have blurred the color with a fresh brush without any oil.

STEP 2: Then it is a tricky step. Here I have put some raw color with spatula on the area where I will draw the mountains leaving some space for the fallen snow on the mountains. Then with the fresh brush I have use the brush from vertically to spread the raw color all over the mountain as peak to bottom. (see picture). Remember to leave that space for the snow.

STEP 3: Now when there is too much snow fallen on the mountain, there is some shadow we can see which is basically the shadow of snow for the coming sunlight. So the color of this shadow is not so black but little darker from the white. To get that effect I have put some white and blue mix-up with a thin brush over that blue color of the mountain.

STEP 4: After that I have used a spatula to draw the fallen snows on the mountain upon those shadows with flake white.

STEP 5: Now this mountain isin far so I have put some color just below the mountains with blue and white mix-up to have that blur foggy effect.

STEP 6: Now I have drawn a base of the hill in the right side and the lake bank. For that I have used burnt sienna and raw umber respectively for the hill and the lake bank. Now mixing white with raw umber color I have gave some light tone on the bank of the lake and also in that hill. But to get the light fallen brightly in some places I have used some deep colors like burnt sienna as needed. I have kept a space for the lake.

(Raw Umber: This is basically a deep version of burnt sienna if you don’t have that color you can use burnt sienna mixing with little black)

STEP 7: This is very interesting and beautiful step. As you think only watching this that it is very hard step but actually it’s not. That’s why I have used some simple step. Then using brush I have put Prussian blue on lake then with white I have blurred the color to have very nice water color.

STEP 8: Now with some white and blue mix up I have made some snow floating on water using spatula as we can see in these kinds of cold places.

Now as the sunlight is falling on this mountain and hills so the snows are melting and coming to that lake. And in some places I have given some touch ups to have a better light and shadow effect.

If you loved this and if it has helped you like comment and share.

Keep visiting my website and YouTube channel.

Thanks for your love and support.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...