Wednesday 6 December 2017

How to draw a cute baby - soft pastel





How to draw a cute baby - soft pastel



ABOUT PICTURE

Hi, I am Dilip Sarkar, I have today drawn a portrait of a baby face. As my entire viewer knows I love drawing nature paintings but besides that I also love drawing these kinds of portrait paintings with soft pastel instead of oil painting. Because people mostly draw these kinds of paintings with oil painting but I want to show you how to draw it with soft pastel. So here are some tips about how to draw a cute baby face with soft pastel. Before starting I want to suggest using a good quality pastel for better of the painting. And you should have knowledge of rubbing because in soft pastel you can’t rub so roughly or in any bad manner you have to rub the colors very smoothly understanding the fact that how the colors place and how the drawing looks on different kinds of rubbing. Follow the easy steps given bellow you can draw easily with those steps without taking tension about blurring. Yet I have just let you know that if you blur carefully the drawing would be better. I told a little bit how to blur for this picture because this picture has not much blurring except the face.



HOW TO DRAW STEP BY STEP (SOFT PASTEL)

STEP 1: So for drawing a cute baby face at first I have drawn beautiful sketch of a baby face. Here I wanted to draw a fatty face because fatty baby are cuter. You can see the picture for the sketch.

STEP 2: Now to make the skin face color I have used brown and yellow because it gives a very nice skin color. It also shows some completion in the face making the face more realistic. And I blurred very smoothly using my fingers so that the color can’t go in other part like eyes lip etc.

STEP 3: After blurring the color I have put blue in the background and colored the T-shirt green. We all can see our face has some shadows of our nose, cheeks etc. So for that, with the red pencil pastel I have drawn the shadows inside the nostril below the nose. I blurred the shadow area little bit as it shows a very real effect. See picture for better placement of the color.

STEP 4: Now I have bordered the eye with the brown pastel pencil and in the eye ball i have used green, little blue and yellow etc. colors to make the glaze.

STEP 5: Then I have drawn the lip of the baby. I have here used the red soft pastel pencil to make some detailing in the lip. First I have use the color lightly as a first cote then for detailing I used the pencil deeply. You can see picture.

STEP 6: In the hair I have put brown and red. Because any baby’s hair is not fully black they are a kind of brown.

STEP 7: Then with black soft pastel pencil I have detailed the eyebrows, eye and some other parts as needed. And you can add other details as you want to develops the cuteness of the baby,



Now you have a very cute baby face in front of you. You can do more things like blurring some places as needed and giving some touch up on T-shirt to make your drawing more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...