Friday 28 July 2017

How to draw oil painting,living leaf - Abstract art


For more information , visit my website :- http://www.dilipgallery.com/

This painting is just imagination

Living leaf

The greens have souls. They truly sustain the life of every being on earth. For every seed that sprouts, another life is nurtured. For every tree that is saved, the hope for a better future shines a little brighter.
I tried to express my idea through abstract form. In order to create this artwork I have used the following materials:



ARTISTS’ OIL COLORS - Burnt sienna, Ivory black, Prussian blue, Flake white, Chrome yellow hue , Cadmium Green Pale and lemon yellow

BRUSHES - I have used some different types of brushes like flat brush no. 2,4,8,12 ; flat brush 2” , round brush 0 and spatula knife .
CANVAS SIZE – 24’’x18’’

I started by painting the canvas dark green.
Then I painted the focal element, i.e. the leaf on the foreground. I drew shape of the leaf and filled it with - Cadmium Green Pale and lemon yellow.

For the midrib and the veins, I used - Flake white and Chrome yellow using.
 Then I shaded and refined the face with -Prussian blue and Burnt sienna using .Whenever you are shading, you have to be quite careful. While creating shadows you have to balance the contrast, hence, use light-handed strokes.

Next, I moved on to the leaves on the background. Cadmium Green Pale ,lemon yellow  , Flake white  , and Chrome yellow these colors have been used to paint the smaller leaves.
 To paint the barks I have used - Prussian blue, Burnt sienna and Flake white.
Lastly, with Prussian blue, lemon yellow and Flake white and brush , I drew the droplets. 
The Leaf has come alive on my canvas.

Artist Dilip Sarkar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...