Thursday 5 October 2017

How to draw oil painting | Catkin flower beside the road | Paint with Di...







How to draw oil painting | Catkin flower beside the road | Paint with Dilip Art



ABOUT PICTURE

This is the beginning of autumn and also the starting Durga Puja festivals. So in these times we can see very colorful combinations and very beautiful catkin flowers. So I have thought of drawing this drawing about a very beautiful nature of this time. I hope you all enjoy this.

COLORS: Prussian blue, red, chrome yellow, flake white, yellow ochre, burnt sienna and light blue.

CANVAS: ‘24’x’18’

BRUSHES: Flat brush no. 2, 4, 8, 12; Fan brush no. 4; Spatula knife; flat brush 2”,


HOW TO DRAW STEP BY STEP (OIL PAINTING)

STEP 1: This picture is about the time of the beginning of the most popular festival of Bengal, Durga Puja where we can see many Catkin flower and very beautiful color combination in the sky. So that’s why the sky is very important part of this drawing which supports the whole painting.

At first I have put yellow ochre, red and white in a kind of mixing way and also blue mixing with little white on the top of the page. It is a basic color of the sky, on that I will draw clouds and other color verities. Then I blurred all the color with another new and dry brush.

STEP 2: Then I have mixed the chrome yellow with white and put on the almost middle of the sky for the bright area of sunset. And I have used the brush in a kind of round way to have cloudy effect.

STEP 3: As I have made the bright area in the middle of the sky so it’s natural that the upper part would be darker that’s why I have used Prussian blue in the upper portion of the sky. And I have used the brush in the way it shows there is some clouds.

STEP 4: Now I have used flake white and yellow for the lighted part of the clouds. Because in these kinds of beautiful sky, clouds consume the white light of the sun very much whatever the color combination is.

STEP 5: Now as yellow ochre was already given in that bright area, so I have now drawn the sun with white. I have drawn it with my finger for proper shape but you can use brush for the sun.

STEP 6: Now the lower portion of the painting, here I have drawn a road and the lands of the side of the road. For the side land I have mixed Prussian blue, little amount of lemon yellow and burnt sienna. It has given a dark base of the land on where I can put light colors. It will open the beauty of the painting because sun is setting down so here are many dark effects of the land.

STEP 7: Then I have put burnt sienna mixing with little white for the road. I again put a dark base for the road because I could out light color later.

STEP 8: Now it’s the part where our drawing will turn into a beautiful painting when I will include the flowers and all. So in the left sides of the road I have made a shape of some bushes with chrome yellow and little blue. And in the right side I used lemon yellow, white and Prussian blue. I have kept this side little darker for adding flower and other lights later.

STEP 9: Then I drew the catkin flowers with flake white in both side left and right. But here I have used fan brush because it’s easier to use and time saving. And then I have added lights in grasses and road and also don’t forget to draw the road in far with white. I also drew some trees and bushes in the far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...