Monday 7 August 2017

Oil painting lessons for beginners, Aspen Trees at Sunset - Oil Painting





Oil painting lessons for beginners, Aspen Trees at Sunset - Oil Painting

ABOUT PICTURE

We see many times very beautiful types of trees in nature. But today what I am going to draw is about aspen trees. It is very often found in cool summers in cold region where we see this. It is very attractive. So I wanted to put this beauty on my canvas. That’s why I made a video of drawing in some simple steps. I hope you all will love this.

Tools: Oil Colour: Flake white, Prussian blue, chrome yellow hue, lemon yellow, yellow ochre, chrome orange hue, burnt sienna and olive green. Brushes – Flat brush no. 0, 2, 4, 8, 12; Fan brush no. 4; Spatula knife; flat brush 2‘’

Canvas – 24ʺ x 18ʺ

STEP 1: As I always say every painting or every scenery have an own base of colors. It’s not only the colors what we see it has some inner color in it. So if I know those combinations I can easily draw any painting. So here I want to draw a forest in the time of sunset. On the canvas I put yellow ocher and chrome yellow on the top, orange in the middle and green in the lower part which gives the base of trees, lights and many other things.

STEP 2: Then blur all the colors. But you have to take care while using brush as a way that the deep color should not mix with light colors on the top.

STEP 3: Now as it is the sunset here should be light coming in. So on the left corner where I put the yellow ochre I now put white on that.

STEP 4: Now blur all the colours carefully keeping the deep part safe from being mixed up with the light. All I am saying that not to use brush so roughly.

STEP 5: Here I will come to draw trees from far to front. So I drew some very thin stems of the trees in the far with burnt sienna. I suggest using a very thin brush and try to draw it in the way it shows the proper structure of the stem.

STEP 6: Now I will draw some more trees in the front right side with burnt sienna mixing it with little white to make it little lighter. When it’s about leaves I just love fan brush because it gives the proper shape of the leaves in very short time otherwise you can use a very thin brush to draw leaves but it will take time and you have take care while doing. So I drew leaves with olive green from front trees to far trees. For far trees i used the colours rest in the brushes because I don’t need too much leaves in the far because that is an abstract area.

STEP 7: It is the important part of the painting. Here I want to draw aspen trees. So these types of trees are generally white and it has some spot which is basically the barks of the trees. So I drew some trees which little bigger than other trees with flake white. These are basically front trees.

STEP 8: The barks spots are generally seen in the lower parts of the stem and in the some more areas in the stems. So I drew the spots with burnt sienna. Here I think using spatula is the best way to draw all these kinds of things. It’s easier than using brush and also shortens the time.

STEP 9: Now it’s easy and simple steps. But you have to care the most in this step because it’s the detailing step but of the light which as tough as simple. So I used yellow and white in many areas in the way like thrusting softly the brush on the canvas.

Lastly include more detail in many areas to develop the paintings beauty .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...