Sunday 13 August 2017

How to Draw , a human head shape , step 1 - Shading with Pencil


How to Draw, a human head shape, Part 1 - Shading with Pencil

Hi friends, I am Dilip Sarkar, welcome to my channel.

Today I am going to show you a basic thing in the drawing world. Sketching, sketching is very important because it is the first step of a drawing. Here I wanted to show a sketch of human head. Don’t skip the sketching because it is essential to draw a portrait of face.

Here you will get to know how a head shape is drawn and how to shade it to make 3d or a real effect step by step.

STEP 1: First draw a oval shape for the head like an egg and the neck attached with it. I see many people using the pencil very deeply from the beginning which is totally wrong. Start using the pencil gently.

STEP 2: Then understand and try to visualize the concept of light and the shading. Think about where you want the light coming from. Shade the areas opposite to the side from where the light is coming to make the darker area and the shadow. Here I tried to show light coming from right side that’s why I shaded the left side. Start with a light shade to deep shade as shown in the video. Remember don’t shade the exact side of the head; leave a little space to give a 3d effect shown in the video.



Then include more detail in the shedding as you want to develop the sketching but not too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...