Saturday 5 August 2017

How to Draw oil painting for beginners | Devastated hut | Oil Paint


How to Draw oil painting for beginners | Devastated hut | Oil Paint



About picture

Hope for a better future has always been a great motivator to man. This hope drives men to pursue their ambition, upgrade their state of living and that is how the human civilization has never gathered moss. Dreams, big or small, have been realized because of this hope. Human, since ancient times, have shaped their fate, carved their environment to fulfill their need to be in better place. This hope, this need dwell within everyone, make him pave way in pursuit of happiness.


How to use oil colors on canvas

Canvas – 24ʺ x 18ʺ

Oil Colour – Prussian blue, burnt sienna, Flake white, Chrome yellow deep hue, lemon yellow, cadmium orange, cadmium red and ivory black

Brush – Flat brush no. 2, 4,8,12 ; Fan brush no. 4 ; Spatula knife ; flat brush 2”, fan brush


STEP 1

I am starting by putting random strokes of dark blue and some vertical lines of brown with a small brush. This is going to be my base for the woods. Then I move on to refine them. I intensify the colours with layers of dark green (blue + yellow) and brown. I am using a flat brush to create the foliage. I am leaving the trees like this for now as I move on to the hut.

STEP 2

The focal element of my painting is the hut. It is more of a makeshift shelter that has earthen walls and plastic sheet in place of roof. There will be an actual house someday and the person that lives here is preparing to realize this dream. The present state and the hope for a better future is the central idea of my painting.

I am painting the hut mainly with my spatula knife. First, I paint the plastic sheet roof using a dark brown shade. I use the same shade for the entrance. Then, with an earthy orange shade, I paint the walls. Using a bit of off-white (yellow + white), I add some ripples on the plastic sheet. Then I paint the half-opened unstable door, some bamboo structure along the wall and some shading using a mix of yellow, white and orange.

STEP 3

To show the sunbeams coming through the trees, I put a little bit of paint (white + yellow) along the length of a few tree trunks and immediately spread it diagonally with a big flat brush. Then, without adding any extra paint, I use the same brush to paint the rays in other areas. It gives a nice faded look to the sunbeams. Then, using the spatula knife again, I light source the sunlit tree trunks using a mix of white and yellow.

STEP 4

I am moving to the grass now. I use green and yellow to paint the grass. I also paint the earthy walkway and some rocks by the hut using brown which I shaded with a bit of white mixed with brown. After painting the grass and the path, I blend the colours well together. Then I add some reeds and small flowers to the grassy ground with an off-white (yellow + white) colour using a small brush. With the same shade, I do some light sourcing on the trees.

STEP 5

Now, it is time to paint the most important element of the picture. It is the pile of bricks stacked by the hut, symbolizing the ‘future’. Using a bit of brownish red, yellow and little bit of dark blue, I paint the bricks. Through this element, I wanted to show the person’s hope to build a better home, better future. Hence, the bricks are very significant for the theme of the painting.

STEP 6

Then, in the foreground, I paint two tree trunks on both the left and right of the canvas. To paint them, I first use a dark blue, then a bit of dark brown. For the texture and shading, I use a light shade with the help of the spatula knife. With a small brush and a black color, I paint some tiny brunches on the trunks. I finish my painting by putting a few bricks along the walkway.



THANKS FOR VISITING MY SITE





Artist Dilip Sarkar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...