Wednesday 2 August 2017

How to draw Oil painting | snow-capped mountain ,beautiful landscape |



How to draw Oil painting | snow-capped mountain ,beautiful landscape |


A bright sunny morning, clear blue sky, a frozen landscape and a view of snow-capped mountain…such things give a gentle warmth to the soul. The sight of such landscape makes me feel like a child inside, who just wants to play on the snow, make a snowman or indulge in a snowball fight and at the same time fills my heart with profound peace and calm, making me stop and awe at the sublimity of the nature.



You are watching my oil painting | Snow-capped mountain, beautiful landscape |

Acrylic colors – Blue and Red

Oil colors – Prussian blue, Flake white,

Canvas – 21ʺ x 14ʺ

Brushes – Flat brush no. 2, 4, 12; Fan brush no. 4; Spatula knife; flat brush 2 ʺ


First, I painted the canvas with pale purple color (Blue and Red ).

Then I moved on to the mountain. Using a small brush (flat brush no. 4) and white paint, I drew the outline of the peak.

Then to create the body of the mountain, I used a mixed color, Prussian blue and Flake white by dabbing it with a small brush. Then I took a bigger brush (flat brush 2 ʺ) and blurred it. The blurring should be done by circular motion with a soft brush. Here the intensity of the color should be the more on the right side than on the left.

By using the same dab and blur technique, I painted the sky. Again, I used the mix of Prussian blue and flake white. The blurring technique creates a beautiful transition from pale blue to darker blue.

Next, I moved on to the snow on the mountain. Here, I have used my spatula knife and the color Flake white mixed with a little bit of the blue shade.

It’s time to create the coniferous greenery. I painted them using Prussian blue and then applied some white color on the bottom and then I blurred it upward into the blue. Here I used the flat brush no.4.

To paint the path, I first applied some white mixed with a hint of blue horizontally beneath the trees and then spread the color using a fan brush. Then I blurred the brush strokes using a bit more color and a bigger brush.

Next, for the appearance of the heavy snow along the road, I again used the white blended with a touch of blue using the spatula knife.

With the same shade, I created the snow on the trees using the smaller brush. Then I painted the tree on the foreground and put final touches by making the shadows where necessary, with, obviously, the white and blue.

The whole painting is done by using mostly the two oil paints, blue and white. This is the fun of painting; even two colors can create innumerable shades… and an amazing picture.

I hope you enjoyed. Please don’t forget to comment and
share. See you later.

Artist Dilip Sarkar



No comments:

Post a Comment

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Dra...

Moonlight Night Scenery drawing With Oil Pastel - Simple Oil Pastel Drawing | Dilip Art Hi friends I'm Dilip Sarkar I have tried to ma...